Thursday, October 20, 2011
Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie!
This looks Devine! All we need is
a tall glass of Cold Milk! Like to
try this Yummy Pie? Here is
the recipe! Bon Appetit!
Crunchy Carmel Apple Pie
1 pastry crust for a deep-dish pie 9-inch
-(homemade or store-bought)
1/2 c sugar
3 T all-purpose flour
1 t cinnamon,Ground
1/8 t salt
6 c apples*,thinly sliced peeled
1/2 c pecans,chopped
1/4 c caramel topping
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUMB TOPPING
1 c brown sugar,packed
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2c quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 c butter
1. Stir together brown sugar,flour, rolled oats.
2. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until topping is like course crumbs. Set aside.
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and
2. Add apple slices and gently toss until coated.
3. Transfer apple mixture to the pie shell (I remove the store-bought
pie shell from the aluminum pie plate and transfer it to a 9-inch pie
plate of my own, but you do not have to.)
4. Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
5. Place pie on a cookie sheet so the drippings don't drop into your
6. Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil.
7. Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and
put back in for another 25 to 30 minutes without foil.
8. Remove from oven. Sprinkle pie with chopped pecans then drizzle with
caramel on top.
9. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy warm or at room temperature.